Korean S Scholarship (AKS) for S1 Homeland Students 2019 – 2020
There are various S1 scholarships available abroad for students in the country. For example, offered by the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) for Korean Studies. This scholarship is intended for S1 students who are taking the Korean Department or related subjects about Korea. The name of the program is The 27th & The 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students. Selected students will undergo a short summer lecture in Korea, lasting 3 weeks. Different from the previous year only one period, this time it was held two periods, namely the 27th period took place from July 8 to July 26, 2019 and the 28th period from August 3 to August 23, 2019.
The program that follows will consist of special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language courses, field trips, and traditional cultural activities. Lecture activities will take place in English and Korean. Therefore, applicants are advised to have basic skills in Korean.
The fees covered by the Korean study scholarship from AKS include the costs of registration, accommodation, meals, and the costs of field trips and tours.
The costs borne by the scholarship recipients, including round-trip airplane tickets, transportation costs between the airport and AKS, and health insurance.
▪ Undergraduate students who sit in the second year or more who come from universities (other than Korea) who major in Korean Studies or courses. And / or those who take courses related to Korea.
1. Application form for the 27th AKS program (Download), 28th AKS program (Download)
2. Official transcripts from the university
3. A sheet of Korean language skills (listed on application form No.7)
4. One (1) recommendation letter: signatory to the recommendation
5. (Optional) Korean language skill score report (TOPIK)
* All application documents must be written in Korean or English. If not, the translation of documents in Korean or English must be included.
First, first determine which AKS program you want to follow, whether the AKS is the 27th or 28th. After that, complete the form along with all other requested application documents. Make one (1) PDF file (combined). Then send it to email: email@example.com
Create email titles like this format:
1) Application Documents for the 27th AKS Summer Program for International Students Name of the Applicant
2) Application Documents for the 28th AKS Summer Program for International Students Name of the Applicant
the Name of the Applicant section, replace it with your name.
Registration is open from August 21 to October 22, 2019 at 24.00 Korean time. The selection results will be notified individually by e-mail each on March 29, 2019. Good luck!
Ms. Jihee Ryu (Program Coordinator)
Phone: + 82-31-739-9715
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org “*:/�%9��3�