Scholarships at Shanghai University for S1, S2 and S3 2019 – 2020
The Shanghai Government, China this year re-opened a scholarship offering for international students through the Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS). This scholarship can be used for studies starting from undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels at various universities in Shanghai. One of them is if you are interested in studying at Shanghai University. There are two types of scholarships that can be applied through this SGS program. Namely full scholarship (Type A) and partial scholarship (Type B).
Full scholarship recipients (Type A) will be exempt from tuition in Shanghai, free campus dormitory accommodation, and get a monthly living allowance of RMB 2500 / month for S1, RMB 3000 / month for S2, and RMB 3500 / month for S3. In addition, comprehensive health insurance is provided for international students in China.
Meanwhile, for recipients of partial or parohan scholarships (Type B), they will be exempt from tuition fees in Shanghai and obtain comprehensive health insurance for international students in China. The difference is that the recipient of this partial scholarship does not receive monthly allowances and campus dormitory accommodation as a full scholarship.
The duration of the scholarship lasts 4 – 5 years for undergraduate programs, 2 – 3 years for master’s programs, and 3-4 years for doctoral programs.
What’s interesting about this Shanghai Government scholarship, applicants can register for all majors in S1, S2, and S3 programs.
1. Not a Chinese citizen with an ordinary passport that is valid and has good health
2. Graduated from high school under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs
3. Holders of undergraduate degrees under the age of 35 when applying for a master’s program
4. Holders of master’s degrees under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs
5. – Language requirements for Chinese language program (HSK certificate):
1. New HSK 5 above 180 for Art
2. New HSK 5 above 180 for Science or Engineering
3. New HSK 5 above 180 for Economy and Management
4. New HSK 5 above 240 for Humanities
– Language requirements for English-language programs:
1. English is a native language or official language
2. IELTS (A) 6.5 or more; TOEFL IBT 90 or more; or other internationally recognized English proficiency tests with an equal score and include proof of certificate
6. Not receiving another scholarship when registering
See also » Choice of S1, S2, S3 Scholarships Abroad Application documents: 1. Passport copy 2. Passport size photo 3. SGS scholarship application number: number will be generated after successful online registration in the SGS online application system 4. Diploma and academic transcript 5. Certificate of language skills (displaying grades)
6. Two letters of recommendation: written in English or Chinese by two different professors or associate professors accompanied by signatures and contacts
7. Supervisor Acceptance Letter (Download). Accreditation letter supervisors are not required for the Master of School of Economics, School of Management, MBA and Business School SILC, as well as Doctoral of School of Economics. Campus will assign tutors to candidates who qualify as soon as they are registered
8. Plan studies or research proposals in China: written in English or Chinese, not less than 800 words including the achievements of research so far, reasons for choosing SHU, plan of study and research, future career plans, etc.
9. Others (referring to departmental standards)
a. Publication of academic papers: Applicants who apply for a PhD at the School of Management must have a management or science and engineering background and have published at least one academic paper in the journal SCI or SSCI when registering
b. Art majors must include at least two examples of artwork
c. Music majors must include videos and audio related to majors
* Note: Documents that are not in Chinese or English must be accompanied by a translation from a notary or department. All application documents are scanned when registering.
Registration of scholarships at Shanghai University through the SGS program is done online. Applicants must first complete the online application for scholarships available on page cn.study.shmec.gov.cn
Next complete the online application for registration to Shanghai University (SHU) on the www.apply.shu.edu.cn page
Online registration opens from September 1, 2019 to December 15, 2019. Scholarship selection results will be notified via the Shanghai University website in the middle or end of June 2019. Before submitting an application, applicants need to create an account first on that page. In addition, online application fees for a lecture list of RMB 500 are subject to non-refundable nature.
International Students Enrollment Office of the
College of International Education, Shanghai University
Add: No. 99 Shangda Road, BaoShan District, Shanghai 200444, China.
Contact: Ms. Xie Wenbo, Ms. Ouyang
Website: www.apply.shu.edu.cn ��`99